Find out about our London and Paris campaign which generated incredible results following a groundbreaking partnership with the city of Paris.
As part of a landmark city-to-city tourism agreement between the Mayor of London and the Mayor of Paris, London & Partners joined forces with the Paris Convention and Visitors Bureau in a historic partnership to deliver an integrated campaign showcasing both cities to overseas visitors.
The aim of the multi-channel campaign focussed on inspiring US millennials to visit London and Paris on one epic combined trip, using the high-speed Eurostar as the mode of transport between the two cities.
We worked with Eurostar, Marriott and United Airlines, as well as our network of tourism partners and members, to create a joint marketing campaign targeting a high-value audience.
The campaign was delivered in two separate phases from October 2018, with part two continuing to build on the landmark success of the first phase of the campaign.
Key campaign results
value in kind
of millennials would consider a combined trip
increased perception of London
increased perception of Paris
Top campaign highlights
During the London and Paris campaign, our expert team worked hard to:
- Inspire our key audiences with a suite of video assets delivered across key channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube, as well as Hulu, Spotify and BuzzFeed.
- Create a dedicated London and Paris microsite filled with inspirational themed itineraries, key booking information and a once-in-a-lifetime competition.
- Work with popular influencers to deliver incredible content to highly engaged audiences, which included an action-packed video from Devin Super Tramp, gaining more than 7m views on Facebook and YouTube.
- Generate a huge global reach by collaborating with key campaign partners on valuable activity across owned channels, inducing social media content, email campaigns and out-of-home advertising.
- Host press trips for journalists from top-tier publications and pitch feature stories throughout the campaign, resulting in coverage in 276 unique publications with more than 85% of coverage in US media and a US reach of 83m.
It has been fantastic to collaborate with London & Partners and several global brands on the recent London and Paris campaign, which was a tremendous effort to raise the awareness and desirability of these two markets among a key target audience.Katie Cox, Area Director of Marketing UK and Ireland, Marriott Hotels LTD